THE OREGON INTERNATIONAL AIR SHOW SEPTEMBER 28-30, 2018 AT THE HILLSBORO AIRPORT
DAILY GATE AND SHOW TIMES:
Friday Night Fireworks:
Gates open at 5:30 PM - APPROXIMATE Show time: 6 PM - 9:30 PM
Oregonian/Oregonlive Saturday & Sunday:
Gates open at 9:00 AM - APPROXIMATE show time: 12 PM - 4:30 PM
Slowdowns are likely on Air Show days. It is recommended that you plan extra time for possible traffic, detours, road closures, lines to park and lines at check-in or to buy tickets.
ARE CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED AT THE GATE?
Yes, purchase tickets at the gate. Only Visa or MasterCard accepted. ATM machines are located on the field. Best to buy tickets online in advance and avoid lines at gate.
DO VETERANS RECEIVED A TICKET DISCOUNT?
Yes, all past and active military can purchase discounted general admission tickets with proof of Military ID. Avoid lines by getting your Military Ticket online in advance. Free admission is for the military member only.
WHAT CAN I BRING INTO THE AIR SHOW?
All bags & carry-in items will be checked by security at the gate.
• Small backpack or bag for:
• medications, baby supplies, light clothing, sunscreen
• Folding chair(s), blanket(s) to sit in General Admission area as no seats are provided
• Strollers: Are welcome in the General Admission, Family Garden, and Chalet areas. Strollers are allowed to be “parked” in the back of the Reserved Seating area.
• EMPTY Water Bottles: The Air Show will provide complimentary water in large water tanks located around the airport grounds as well as bottled water for sale at all concession booths. In agreement with TSA rules, you are allowed to bring EMPTY water bottles into the Air Show with you and fill them with the water from the tanks. If you arrive with a filled water/beverage bottle, you will need to empty it before enter the show.
WHAT AM I NOT ALLOWED TO BRING INTO THE AIR SHOW?
• The Oregon International Air Show is held on airport property and has strict safety procedures. To ensure your safety, please remember the following items are NOT allowed through Air Show gates.
• ALL types of knives
• Leatherman type multitools
• Guns or weapons of any kind
• Tents/Popup canopies
• Large Umbrellas
• Bicycles (bike parking is available at the Red Gate)
• Large backpacks
• Food and/or beverages unless medically necessary (baby formula/food is allowed)
• Glass containers of any kind
• Pets of any kind; Only service animals are allowed through the gate
WHAT NUMBER SHOULD I CALL ABOUT VOLUNTEERING?
Volunteer opportunities can be found at: http://www.oregonairshow.com/volunteer.php To register as a group, please email: email@example.com If you have already registered and have any questions, please contact the leader of your area. Your leader's name and email address can be found on your volunteer confirmation email.
5. Handicap with placard (location tbd)
Please remember that the parking lots are PRIVATE and are for Air Show parking only. No “tail gating”, alcoholic beverages, picnicking, cooking/barbecue grilling, camping or loitering in the parking lot area will be allowed.
The Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition coordinates dedicated free bike parking Oregonian/OregonLive Saturday and Sunday.
Location: In the Airport Terminal Building parking lot at 3355 NE Cornell Rd. directly across the street from the Washington County Fairgrounds.
TRI-MET LYFT MEMBERS:
If you are a Tr-Met Lyft member, contact http://www.tri-met.org for information about their shuttle service to and from the Air Show.
Check back (here) closer to show date for Road Closure information. The Air Show recommends that you arrive early enough to account for traffic, detours, road closures and parking which may cause you to miss the show if you don't plan accordingly.
IS THERE ANY SHADE?
General Admission and Reserved Seating ticket holders will be under open sky. Patrons are encouraged to plan accordingly and bring plenty of sunscreen. The President's Club Chalet, Private Chalets, The Family Garden, Corporate Areas and Beer Garden ticket holders will have a partly covered area and some umbrellas in the seating areas.